Of course we love the white shirt – it’s as proper and classic as it gets, but for this season we’re all about the black version. ‘Say what?’ you think? Well, gathered below are 5 reasons why you should invest in a black shirt instead at the moment:
1. It’s super glamorous and super chic; forget the fear of sending out office vibes – which at least we feel from times to times when wearing our white shirts. The black shirt on the other hand is all about a more lavish elegance and it still goes with everything!
2. You can actually wear it to work (without feeling like a secretary). Go for a plain version and it’ll just as easily conform into a classic yet slightly more sparkling version of your everyday uniform. And guess what? You can even wear it without anyone noticing the coffee you spilled over it at lunch! (We mean; when did that last happen with you- white shirt?!)
3. Similar to black velvet, black silk gives a beautiful glow to your face – in our opinion it also emphasizing your eyes in the very best way. Wear it with deep, smokey eyes and glossy lips.
(From the top) pussy bow skirt from Equipment, structured shoulders shirt fromMikio Sakabe and pussy bow shirt from Saint Laurent.
4. It will make you stand out from the crowd of white shirts. No we’re not going to point to the Coco Chanel quote «In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different» …or, at least we’ll try not to… Anyways, it might take a bit more than a black shirt to make us feel like Coco Chanel, but still, it’s a start.
On the other hand, we`ll definitely include her wise words on colors. As she said; «(..)-black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony». In other words; considering your wardrobe, which most likely consist of a few white skirts, you might also feel like you lived a half life. It’s time to change that.
5. And last, but not least, it’s also said (by Neiman Marcus to be precise): Women who wear black lead colorful lives.
Here are some our black shirt-favorites at the moment (and yes, some of them are perfect for the festive season!):
Pussy bow shirt from Gucci, silk shirt from Rochas, structured shoulders shirt from Mikio Sakabe, pussy bow skirt from Saint Laurent, cropped shirt from Oak, gathered design shirt from Erika Cavallini, pussy bow skirt from Equipment, puffed sleeved shirt from Lemaire, silk shirt from Haider Ackermann, poplin shirt from The Row, short sleeved silk shirt from Frame, cotton shirt from Steffen Schraut, pussy bow shirt from Sand and satin shirt from DKNY.