Caroline, A Style Journey
(Affiliate) I’ve been chatting with the queen of masks! Few people know facial masking better than our very own Katarina Petrovic – and of course we want to feed of her experiences! Since we’re always on the run, we’re obsessing over the ones possible to do on the run – sheet masks – SO we asked her about her sheet mask tips, mistakes and favorites:
Shop Katarina’s favorites through the links below:
FIRST THING FIRST: WHY DO YOU SPEND SO MUCH OF YOUR LIFE MASKING?
There are two good reasons for this:
1. It’s the perfect quick fix for your skin. If you’re going out a good mask will actually make a huge difference. Not only can it make your skin glow, but it’s also the perfect makeup prep!
2. Let’s face it; It’s simply twenty minutes of battery charging, which is much needed in the way to fast world we’re living in!
SO, HOW DO YOU GET THE BEST RESULT? (…because we’ve heard some rumors claiming that masking isn’t just masking to you…)
Rumors confirmed! Before I start masking I always prep my skin, to make the most out of the mask. For that I have this three step routine:
1. I start by removing makeup and cleansing my face with my favorite oil based cleanser from Lancôme.
2. Then I prep my skin further with a toner.
3. …and last (my favorite step!) I apply essence and serum. This is to ensure the hydration from the mask really melts and stays in.
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE MOST COMMON MISTAKE WHEN IT COMES TO MASKING?
Not prepping your skin right or not using the right mask for the right occasion/purpose.
AND LAST BUT, NOT LEAST: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SHEET MASKS?
Sheet mask from