(Affiliate) Celine Aagaard considers herself a proper packing geek (yes, she makes packing lists!) and has about the most elaborate theory of packing we’ve ever seen!
We’ve been lucky enough to talk to the stunning IT-girl and Founder and Creative Director at Envelope1976 about how she travels as smart as possible – AND we’re too ready to copy this clever, clever cat!
Oh, and check out her IG for travel-style updates!
WHAT’S YOUR BEST TIPS FOR «SMART TRAVELING AND WHAT MAKES IT SO GENIOUS?
1. THINK BEFORE YOU PACK: Do some research on your destination and consider questions like: the purpose of your trip, how long you’re going for and key garments. By latter I mean clothes that can be combined with really anything – because we all know it’s little help with a nice dress, if your shoes or jackets don’t go with it!
2. BE REAL: Ask yourself: «will I actually use this?». Instead of packing what I think I will use, I think what do I usually use. Yes, this results in that I pack at lot of the same things, but they’re clothes I actually end up wearing.
3. THINK TWISE: I’m a big fan of clothes that can be worn more than one way! This way you pack two outfits in one.
The blazer is a standard in Celine’s suitcase because in can be used in so many combinations. Grey blazer from Isabel Marant.
4. CONSIDER YOUR COLOR PALETTE: I always bring monochrome clothes or a color pallet that can easily be combined.
5.TRAVEL SMART: Choose style and comfort! Traveling in too tight jeans is not great, but at the same time you never know who you meet or how long the journey will take, therefore I leave my track-suit at home.
6. BE SAFE! Pack an outfit which includes a scarf and a swimming suit in your hand luggage. This way you’re safer if your luggage gets lost.
7. THE MUST-HAVES: Shoes are always tricky, but a pair of flat sandals, one pair of heels, sneakers and boots will do the job.
8. DON’T THINK BIG: …think small! To avoid overweight I never choose the biggest suitcase I have. Smaller suitcases comes with natural restrictions. This way you also avoid extra costs on the airport.
9. THE MOST IMPORTANT… Bring an extra shopping bag!
HOW DO YOU PREP FOR A JOURNEY?
I’m usually a late packer, but sometimes I do plan, especially if I’m going on a longer holiday. I always safe weather-wise, so trousers are always with me – even when the forecast is showing 30 degrees. I also try to take advantage of the space I have in the suitcase – for instance by putting socks and underwear in the small rooms.
HOW DOES YOUR HANDBAG LOOK LIKE?
It’s rather big, but yet overloaded – especially on the journey back. This is mostly because I tend to grab so many things with me on my way out. I use an old beach bag from Balenciaga which has been through a lot(!) and is no longer off-white…
WHAT DO YOU NEVER TRAVEL WITHOUT?
A suitcase, haha. Swimsuit, sunnies, a blazer, phone and a eco hair brush of bambuseae. As well as a colorful bracelet my son made at school.
IF YOU COULD ONLY BRING THREE BEAUTY PRODUCTS, WHICH ONES WOULD IT BE?
WHAT IS YOUR ‘SECRET TRAVEL COMPANION’?