Katarina, A Style Journey
(This trip was sponsored by Kantini Foodmarket and contains affiliate) My first Berlin visit might have been short, but 24 hours definitely made me want to visit again – as soon as possible to be honest. Hint hint Belmin…
I finally understand what my friends have been telling me about all the way; the rising food scene, the architecture and history in every corner, the nightlife and of course the shopping!
In other words; the perfect weekend getaway spot, either if you’re going with your boyfriend, family or just your girlfriends! And at this time of the year, why not drop by for a pre-Christmas shopping AND detox round?
Here is how to do it all in 24 hours:
Breakfast and view
09:00 – BREAKFAST (WITH A VIEW)
First things first: Check in at 25 Hours Hotel. Berlin is fulled up to the top with great hotels all around the city, but what makes 25 Hours Hotel really stand out (as well as the clean, natural and modern interior) is four things:
1. The wide offers (25 Hours Hotel is not only a hotel, it’s a restaurant and a pretty bar as well. Not to mention it’s a part of (and wall to wall with) the Bikini Berlin concept which you should definitely be checking out).
2. The location (easy to access all parts of the city)
3. The price
4. Breakfast (…with the most amazing view, overlooking the Zoo. And such a good selection of food. The perfect start of the day!).
Helmut Newton Foundation
10:00 – MUSEUM
Post-breakfast is the perfect time for a cultural refill and which place better to start than just around the corner at one of the best museums in town? I’m talking about the Helmut Newton Foundation, where all his work is saved and presented (permanently) at the first floor, as well as the second floor guests his friends photography collections. Which means you can actually never visit that one time too much.
12:00 – LUNCH LIKE A TEAM
While you’re still in the neighborhood – and it’s probably already lunch-time – you should step by the still pretty new concept food court: Kantini Foodmarket.
Not only do I love this spot for being one of the first design food halls, with well thought out interior and space utilization which really makes it the perfect hangout and battery recharge spot all day and year long. The warm yet fresh light for instance makes you forget about the time and weather outside, leaving you with a post-work summer vibe. The Kantini Foodmarket opens up for a social and including dinner experience.
Food from all over the world and a ‘sit-where-you-like-eat-what-you-like’ concept makes Kantini the perfect food-spot for both couples and bigger groups – where no one ever wanted to eat the same…
No excuses possible here. Lunch, brunch, dinner or post/pre-shopping snack, at Kantini you can choose between 13 different eateries. The falafels and tacos are must-tries!
14:00 – SHOPPING
Now that you’re all filled up, it’s finally time for a shopping round. Here is what I did:
1. Bikini Berlin: From well known brands as Vans and American Vintage, to pop-up booths to unestablished and up and coming designers. The perfect stop for (Christmas) gifts shopping – if you want to surprise your beloved ones with something a little bit different.
2. KaDeWe: Beauty gigants, high-end stores (like Celine, Balenciaga, Jacquemus,…) and high-street favorites like Topshop all under one roof.
3. The Store: A Berlin-favorite and that for good reason. The concept store located at the first floor at the Soho House hotel doesn’t only have high-end favorites like Loewe, The Row, JW Anderson and Balenciaga, the space itself is so well decorated which makes it the perfect hang-around as well. Yes, they do even serve coffee!
16:00 – COFFE-TIME
Probably time for a coffee – if you didn’t already have one at The Store. This one is really worth the wait and reminds me of my Amsterdam favorite Toki. Say hi to: Five Elephant. You won’t regret!
17:00 – VINTAGE-HUNT
Just around the corner (of Five Elephant) you’ll find two of Berlin’s best vintage stores – if we’re supposed to trust the experts? I didn’t have time to step by all these 24 hours, but two to check out:
1. Made in Berlin
2. Pick’n Weight
19:00 – TIME FOR A CHANGE
Get back to your hotel and step up your outfit-game!
21:00 – LATE NIGHT DINNER
So, even though I should probably have been testing out a totally new dinner-spot while in Berlin for the first time, I ended up at an all-time favorite: Cecconi’s. I blame it on their ‘baked gnocchi romana, gorgonzola’. And on the always on point interior and atmosphere!
Pssst… Remember to book at table. They’re always packed.
23:00 – TOP-FLOOR HANGOUT
Last, but not least: If you’re body and mind allows (which it hopefully does, because this part is good!) step by 25 Hours’ top-floor bar, Monkey Bar, before you go to bed!
The nigh view is to die for and so are the drinks.
02:00 – GOOD NIGHT